Does your morning ritual include a bold cup of joe? Maybe you like your coffee black, or with a splash of cream. Perhaps you have a favorite coffee shop. If you are mad about coffee – you are not alone. Turns out the love for coffee runs deep for many Americans. According to the National Coffee Association, 83% of American adults drink coffee.
Here are 8 coffee tricks to help celebrate your love for coffee
1. Re-use your coffee grounds as a skin exfoliate: Add the grounds to your favorite all natural oil. Then scrub your skin in a circular motion and rinse off.
2. Grow your garden: If you grow azalea, rhododendrons, hydrangeas, camellias, roses, or any other acid loving plant, coffee grounds are the fertilizer for you. Mix your grounds with dead grass clippings, and dead leaves. Spread them around you plants. Sit back and watch them grow.
3. Make a Latte: Sick of paying $4.00 for a latte in a coffee shop. Don’t worry you can make one at home for a quarter of the price without a steamer. All you need is a milk frother and a microwave. Heat up your milk and froth it, add coffee and flavoring of choice. Tada you have your latte.
4. Secret menu at Starbucks: Did you know Starbucks has a secret menu? Order one of these 35 drinks. http://jolt24.com/2013/09/04/35-secret-starbucks-drinks-you-didnt-know-you-could-order/ Your welcome.
5. Make a powerhouse cup of Bulletproof coffee: Bulletproof coffee is all the rage right now. There are health benefits which include increased energy and weight loss. What more could you ask for. All you need is 1 tablespoon of unsalted grass-fed butter, 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil, 6-8oz black of coffee and a blender. Make your drip coffee as usual. Add in your ingredients into the blender and blend 20 seconds.
6. Take out the sugar and add cinnamon: Replace your sugar with cinnamon. Are you trying to reduce your sugar intake? This flavorful trick might just be your saving grace. Trust me and just try it, you’ll thank me.
7. Iced Coffee: Make the best iced coffee right in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a bottle of cold brew coffee. My favorite one is this one http://www.chameleoncoldbrew.com. You can add flavoring, cream and your sweetener of choice.
8. Coffee flavor cheats: Don’t break the bank by buying fancy coffee syrups and exotic flavorings. You can make your own at home. First, all you need is simple syrup. Boil one part water and one part sugar. Now you have your simple syrup. For a Vanilla syrup add a vanilla bean pod. Split it open down the center, pour the simply syrup over it and let is sit for 2-3 hours. It has a great natural vanilla flavor. For a caramel sweetener use one part simple syrup and one part caramel sauce, mix it together and you will have a sweet caramel syrup.
Coffee has been brewed into a bold tea since the 1400s. Those who drink coffee have strong opinions about the best way to drink it. Even broad cultural expression has been introduced into coffee consumption, and has changed the way we enjoy a fresh brewed cup of coffee. Hopefully, in your coffee pursuits, you can add a few of these coffee tricks to your arsenal.